Why are there three 10 gallon buckets of tomatoes in the kitchen?
- Papa and I picked them
Why did you pick so many tomatoes?
- I can’t let them go to waste
I’ll try again, why did you plant so many tomatoes?
- I want to have enough, you never know how the plants will do.
How did the plants do last year?
The past 5 years?
The past 10 years?
What makes you think they might not do well?
- They didn’t do well in the garden at our previous home up north.
What were the soil, temperatures and other factors like at your previous home?
- OK, I get the point. But, some things I learned are just harder to get over than others. I know the soil is better, the temperature is warmer making the growing season longer, I have more time since my children are grown, and on and on and on. But I learned that I wouldn’t have enough tomatoes if I didn’t plan enough through the sad experience of not having enough over 17 years ago.
Have you really been in Troy for 17 years?
- That’s a question for another day, I have some tomato juice to make.